At Mid Century, we believe our employees are our biggest asset. Our team brings the Mid Century mission to life because our team members live, work, play and volunteer in our communities. We are enthusiastic about being involved and supporting each community.
Mid Century has created a workplace that values their employees and encourages them to submit ideas and suggestions.
We are seeking a positive, energetic individual that takes pride in workmanship for this position.
The Role: Every day as a Service technician you become the primary face of Mid Century by being the local, onsite connection between Mid Century and our customers. As a technician you take the lead in work that matters, installing, repairing, and troubleshooting internet and telecommunications.
- Install, maintain/repair, rearrange, test, and troubleshoot residential/business customers including but not limited to telephone service, high speed internet (DSL/VDSL), fiber internet from the cross connects or serving terminal to the customer’s premise.
- Set up, reconfigure, maintain, and troubleshoot customer’s wireless/wired home network and devices linked to the home network.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools and specialty tools, including test equipment and/or laptop to confirm device and service are functioning properly.
- Read and interpret customer service orders and repair tickets to perform work. Attention to detail a must.
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously by telephone and on the premise.
- Evaluate the customers needs in addition to recognizing and suggesting additional/alternative services as appropriate.
- Work well with others to create a positive customer experience.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Operate and maintain company equipment and vehicles by inspecting and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- May have some heavy lifting and ladder climbing.
- Flexibility is a must, including the ability to work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold and inclement weather.
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Mid Century Employee Perks:
- Company provided laptop and cell phone.
- Discounted Mid Century Fiber internet service.
- Retirement Plan: The fiber future is not the only one we care about. We offer 401K savings plan with employer contribution.
- Health and Wellness: Participate in wellness challenges and earn gift cards.
- Benefits: Medical and Vision with low employee costs.
- Time Off: Paid leave day, sick leave days and holidays.
- Volunteer Program Incentive.
Mid Century is an Equal Opportunity Employer.