Network Business Technician
At Mid Century, we believe our employees are our biggest asset. Our team brings the Mid Century mission to life because our team members live, work, play and volunteer in our communities. We are enthusiastic about being involved and supporting each community.
Mid Century has created a workplace that values their employees and encourages them to submit ideas and suggestions.
The Mid Century Hosted Phone System Team is looking for a Network Business Technician that is customer-first focused with a strong work ethic. Essential job duties include but are not limited to site visits, design, provide quotes, order, install, provision, train and troubleshoot business hosted phone systems at customer premise, Central Office, secondary transmission sites and remotely. Develop ongoing relationships with businesses by having integrity, passion and
in-person presentational skills. The team commits itself to efficiency, accuracy with the main focus on the customer needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms and applications.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, installation practices and procedures, products and services.
- Knowledge of voice communications and digital technology.
- Skill in identifying and resolving subscribers’ problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in time management.
- Skill to gather and report numerical data and produce statistical reports.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, group environment.
- Ability to perform tasks according to existing policies and procedures and at the same time have the creative initiative to improve said tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Advanced computer skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in telecommunications or general electronics is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Windows O/S, IP networking and
- Prefer candidate with IT related background.
Mid Century Employee Perks:
- Discounted Mid Century Fiber internet service.
- Retirement Plan: The fiber future is not the only one we care about. We offer 401K savings plan with employer contribution.
- Health and Wellness: Participate in wellness challenges and earn gift cards.
- Benefits: Medical and Vision with low employee costs.
- Time Off: Paid leave day, sick leave days and holidays.
- Volunteer Program Incentive.
Mid Century is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources; Mid Century Communications; PO Box 380; Fairview, IL 61432.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Mid Century reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources; Mid Century Communications; PO Box 380; Fairview, IL 61432. Equal Opportunity Employer.