Trouble-Shooting high speed Internet
We understand the frustration that occurs when you are experiencing problems with your service. Sometimes more than not the problem can be resolved with just a few trouble-shooting steps, saving you time, frustration and even repair visit charges.
If you are experiencing problems with your Mid Century High Speed Internet, here are a few basic steps you can do that will most likely resolve your problem.
NEVER HIT THE RESET BUTTON ON THE BACK OF THE MODEM – This will reset the modem to the factory default settings, and you would then need to have your modem re-configured.
High Speed Internet
- Make sure all connections are securely attached to your modem and computer. If your service is still not working, continue with Step 2.
- If you have a router continue with this step, if not proceed to step 4.
Power off the router by unplugging the power cord from the back. wait 15 seconds and plug back in.
- When the router lights appear on router, try connecting to the Internet.
- If you are still unable to connect, power off the modem by unplugging the power cord from the back, wait 15 seconds and plug back in. Wait for the ADSL light to quit blinking and go solid. If you have a router continue with step 5, if not continue with step 6.
- Power off the router by unplugging the cord from the back, wait 15 seconds and plug back in. Wait for the lights to come back on.
- Try connecting to the Internet.
- If service still not working, please contact our office by calling 611 or 309.778.8611 24/7.